Community Planning Assistant
Community Planner required for an Architecture and masterplanning practice based in Clerkenwell, London. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised, pro-active team-player to coordinate the community planning activities and events across the UK. The community planning team designs and delivers engagement processes with local communities and stakeholders. These range from evening consultations, community planning weekends, week-long design charrettes and other collaborative events.
- Organise and support the smooth running of the activities from project set up to post event follow up.
- Programme the event; source and book venues and resources
- Produce publicity and documentation e.g. newsletters, flyers, reports and broadsheets; distribute mail outs; create webpages and update web news
- Develop contact with local businesses, schools and community groups;
- Coordinate transport and tours; meet and greet; deal with queries; conduct questionnaires; help with refreshments and generally ensure the day runs smoothly.
- Be point of contact for members of the public dealing with queries over the phone and by email and coordinating responses from other members of the design team
- Support the studio reception and administration ad hoc duties
- The ideal candidate will hold a relevant degree and appreciation of social change, urban regeneration and the built environment.
- Experience in marketing, promotion or community facilitation is advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends to attend events is essential.