Middleweight Interior Designer - Contract Hospitality
An award-winning east London architectural interior design practice are currently seeking a senior hospitality designer for a six-month temporary-to-permanent contract. The successful candidate will be able to take initiative and show confidence in presenting internally and with clients - there will also be responsibility for managing a small team on F&B and hotel projects across the entire design process. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a relatively new sector for this well-established practice with global reach.
- A creative approach to all project aspects.
- The ability to generate concepts under the guidance of a senior designer, managing lower level staff to assist.
- Assist in the development of tender proposals and project pitch presentations.
- Show strong signs of self-management and able to be proactive without guidance.
- Have a full understanding of project processes from concept, design development through to site implementation.
- Produce tender and construction packages including architectural (plans and elevations), joinery and furniture drawings.
- The confidence to oversee and maintain the projects relevant schedules.
- Attend project meetings as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the hospitality interiors team within the practice.
- Degree in interior design or interior architecture.
- Proven experience in hospitality or F&B interiors.
- Exceptional AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp skills.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent conceptual abilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to undertake on-going research of furniture, products, finishes and material.
- Freehand drawing skills and Revit knowledge will be preferred, but not essential.