Our client is seeking a Design Director who will be working alongside the Creative Director to lead and manage design projects for influential and high-profile brands. They need you to Direct, manage and take creative responsibility for client design projects that you are assigned to and provide clear, focused, inspirational design direction to other members of the design team. You will need to show them that you have a strong understanding of and a passion for design and branding. A strong knowledge of typography, layout, colour and the latest design software and related tools. Experience of design systems and guidelines.
Experience & Attributes:
Experience & Attributes:
- An original thinker
- An inspiration to your team and the wider business
- Able to articulate a point of view
- Hands-on, and able to adapt across categories, brands and touch-points
- At least one year in a DD role within a branding and design agency, across FMCG and Identity
- An understanding of latest Adobe Suite software
- Or at the very least, an appreciation of/passion for experiential design covering motion, digital and environmental design.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to ensure my client maintains the highest design standards, with the aim of delivering award-winning, effective work on every project.
- Take an active, strategic, design-led role in specific client briefings and immersions.
- Intelligently and accurately input on and interpret the creative briefs generated by the Strategy team.
- Create inspirational, challenging, original, award-winning design ideas, which are always on-brief and that express creative excellence.
- Take a lead role in design review meetings and clearly and articulately present creative ideas, providing a strong rationale for the work which is shared.
- Develop a clear point of view and opinion about your own work and that of the other members of the Design team (including interns and freelancers) and share this in the appropriate forums.
- Identify critical design issues in emerging ideas and be able develop (and help others to develop) workable, creative solutions.
- Take ownership of, direct and be accountable for the creative standards delivered by other members of the Design team (inc. freelance resource and interns) who are assigned to work with you on your design projects.
- Be accountable for meeting deadlines on all design projects. Take responsibility for ensuring the appropriate level of resource has been assigned to your projects and manage this resource efficiently.
- Clearly and articulately present their work to clients. Present credentials concisely, confidently and professionally. Develop a solid understanding and appreciation of the client's business that you are assigned to. Help to develop and grow existing client accounts by identifying opportunities.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the Realisation process and ensure their work meets the agreed technical brief/parameters.
- Closely collaborate and develop strong relationships with all members of the team; Client Management, Strategy & Words, Futures, Realisation, Finance, to ensure the smooth running of projects and the wider business.
- Be instrumental in winning new business.