Data Scientist - Product Analyst
An innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Their sites help people find whatever you're looking for in your local communities - whether it's a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. We have organized ourselves as teams around the key strategic priorities Every team is a cross functional team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers, analysts and marketers. We are rapidly moving to a future where not people, but the data decide what to serve the customer. To ensure data driven decision making in all parts of our development process, we need to bring knowledge of best practices in experimentation and validation in the entire organization to a next level. We are looking for a creative, experienced, results-oriented product analyst that can both help us get the needed analyses done, as well as bring the team knowledge to the next level. That's you! You see the possibilities in all the data we have, and know how show multidisciplinary teams how to use it to find the best opportunities to build even more awesome product features.
Ensure that the multidisciplinary development team has the ability to take the right decisions by
* Facilitating setting up experiments that enable us to find where to focus our efforts
* Validating the impact we make with our changes
* Identifying opportunities to improve our product by analyzing customer behavior
* Be the data evangelist that works with the data scientists, other product analysts, engineers and product managers to make sure we make the best use of available data, and build data based product features that drive our objectives and key results
* Help the overall team decide what data to gather, how to model it and set it up in such a way that we can use this data to improve customer experience and find commercial opportunities
* Demonstrable experience in an analytics or data science environment
* Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics etc)
* Excellent at working with huge amounts of data, both in conventional data bases (SQL) as well as distributed technologies (Hadoop and Spark)
* Solid experience with the use of appropriate statistical tools (in f.e. R or Python) to validate outcomes
* Proven experience coaching teams to improve way of working
* Strong communicator and fluent in English
* Demonstrating creativity and initiative, and acting in a result orientated way.
* Prior experience working with multidisciplinary development teams and/or an online environment is an added advantage