Website and Design Executive (12 Month Maternity Cover)
SCI (Society of Chemical Industry) is currently going through an exciting period of strategic review, from which it will emerge with a renewed sense of purpose, as a multi-disciplinary society, serving diverse, yet interlinked, scientific sectors in the modern chemical industry. Our strategy is to re-establish and extend our connections with industry, focusing on innovation and building an organisation which is better able to provide real value to new and existing members at all stages of their careers.
To support our future growth, we are recruiting for a Website and Design Executive, this 12-month role will primarily involve the maintenance of SCI's website and management of design activities.
We are looking for an individual with experience of managing website content across a large website. The ideal candidate will have experience of writing and publishing content on a board range of topics as well the ability to source relevant and engaging images.
We are looking for someone with an eye for design and a creative approach in developing materials. This role will promote a range of products and services and deliver designs for a variety of uses including brochures (printed and digital), medals and promotional products.
We would particularly welcome applications from candidates with an interest in science. If you are looking for a role where you can turn your ideas into actions, we would love to hear from you.
- Maintenance of SCI website
- Management of Design projects
- Communications planning
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience of designing for digital and off-line channels
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining web content and web banners; experience of HTML and Sitecore content management system would be ideal
- Computer literate, with a good level of knowledge and competence with Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good written and spoken English; ability to produce copy for marketing collateral
- A creative approach to challenges and opportunities.
- An organised and methodical approach to work.
- A team player, able to interact tactfully with colleagues, Members, suppliers and others.