A global architectural practice, based in south London, are seeking a document controller to work on large-scale projects. The role of document controller is to assume responsibility for all areas of information flow for the project team.
- Maintaining all drawing records for the project both in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Establishing procedures for information flow within the project.
- Uploading drawings on to electronic document management systems.
- Ensuring control and timely release of new drawings or changes to drawings.
- Controlling the archive and storage of drawings to facilitate record keeping.
- Managing the documentation of supplier drawing comments.
- Liaising with external teams in order to collaborate with document control procedures.
- Providing assistance to the technical team (both internal and external) to ensure adherence to procedures.
- Reporting statistical information to project leaders on information flow for the project.
- Training new and existing team members on document control procedures and systems.
- Writing procedures or guides.
Skills and Experience
- Communication (both written and verbal) and Analytical skills are essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical approach.
- IT skills (MS office suite essential, an advanced understanding of electronic document management systems (Conject).
- Experience within a similar role.
- Experience within the field of architecture/construction/engineering would be an advantage.