Practice Manager required for an agile practice of architects and designers. The practice prides itself on a culture that embraces collaboration, creativity and innovation to provide its clients with the very best solution. They're seeking a Practice Manager to join their west London team to help grow and develop the practice.
- Manage the Practice Coordinator to ensure all office related duties are met, assisting where required and providing cover in their absence.
- Always Monitor and update office policies and procedures to ensure they run efficiently and effectively. To include, documentation filing, health & safety, environmental policies, PAT testing, First Aid & Fire training.
- Manage supplier and service provider contracts. Regularly reviewing to ensure the best value for money. Ensure leases and insurances are renewed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Integrated Management System and liaise with management to ensure compliance with Quality Assurance and office procedures.
- Point of contact for team whereabouts, updating Files calendar & spreadsheet with team absences.
- Attend tenants' meetings on behalf of the Founders, reporting back as appropriate.
- Organise staff appraisals, ensuring feedback sent to team in a timely manner. Working with Associate Directors to understand staff training needs and arranging as required.
- Manage office building repairs and improvement works, ensuring that works are carried out in an efficient manner with minimum disruption to the day-to-day operation of the office.
- Ensure brand assets are in stock (incl. marketing collateral, presentation covers / boxes, Project Book etc).
- Ensure data protection laws are adhered to in relation to the storage of employee data (with consultation from HR Dept).
- Establish and maintain relationships with recruitment agencies.
- Prepare documentation; including offer letters, staff contracts and salary amendments.
- Ensure Dashboards are updated with relevant salary changes / new starter info etc (with input from EA).
- Monitor the company's pension scheme.
- Coordinate with the IT Manager to ensure IT needs are met and maintained.
- Coordinate studio events (e.g Summer & Christmas Party)
- Liaising with external HR regarding staff matters, issuing documentation as required.
- Draft and submit invoices to clients. Track when payments are made and follow up on overdue invoices. General banking and invoices contact, process payments and liaise with accountants and bank manager.
- Manage purchase order requests and ensure sign off by directors.
- Reimburse staff & client expenses on a monthly basis.
- Monthly book-keeping; process credit card expenses and coordination with accountant.
- Monitor petty cash levels. Order foreign currency as required.
Skills and Experience
- Highly organised and motivated individual adept at handling multiple projects / tasks simultaneously
- Team player with proven experience as an office manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience dealing with HR & financial matters
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Discretion in handling sensitive information
- Good time keeping & comfortable working to deadlines