Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
Careers with Hawksmoor Group are among the best - generous pay and benefits, award-winning restaurants, unrivalled career opportunities and some of the happiest people in the business (as voted by the people who work here). This is the start of a really exciting year as Hawksmoor Group starts transitioning to becoming an international company responsible for “World Class Restaurants in World Class Cities”. Our headline priorities for the company remain: brand, people and financials, and keeping the right balance between them.
We have a very exciting, brand new opportunity to join us as a Head of Marketing to head up and drive our marketing function by taking it to the next level, specifically to New York (and beyond?). This is a very demanding and diverse role, but one that will be highly rewarding and flexible, working with a talented and stable marketing team.
This role reports into our Managing Director and will predominantly be based at our head office in Wapping, however flexibility can be offered and travel may be required to other sites as and when required.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivering annual brand marketing strategy, plans and projects (including signing off the 12-month communication, promotion & PR calendars)
- Working closely with our agencies, maximising their potential to drive brand awareness whilst managing Hawksmoor's reputation.
- Overseeing the creation and delivery of our New York marketing plan to drive brand awareness and turnover for a successful opening, including initial management of a local Restaurant Marketing Manager in New York and any relevant agencies.
- Quarterly planning, review and reporting, including KPIs: to ensure work and projects remain on track across the marketing function, and there is the right involvement of the right people at the right time
- Risk management and helping to identify and mitigate potential risks to reputation and profitability of the business
- Have the ability to read a P&L and know how underlying trends are likely to affect future performance; contributes to broader discussions on non-marketing topics
- Be one of the external faces of the company, representing the brand at high level brand and/or industry events.
- Be accountable for the following KPIs: Sales, Cover numbers and SPH
PDR Occupancy and events
Promotional activity and 3rd party bookings
Digital analytics including Mailer, Website, SEO/PPC and Social Media
To be considered for the role you will have:
- An empathy and enthusiasm towards our brand and its potential. Understanding who our customers are, what we offer our guests, and why we exist, with the ability to then articulate this into a marketing strategy that's well understood within the business.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced organisation where you have headed up a marketing team/function, where you have to think for yourself, take responsibility and be constantly striving to improve processes and marketing visions.
- Ideally you will have knowledge and contacts that go beyond the UK restaurant industry, as well as knowledge of best practice in other countries.
- Company pension (we will match your contributions up to 3% of your salary)
- Discounted health and fitness benefits
- Additional paid maternity and paternity leave to help you care for new additions to your family
- Income protection insurance for critical illness, and life assurance
- An optional paid day each year to use for volunteering
- Exclusive savings on travel, shopping, restaurants and more
- 28 days' holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.