Principal - Workplace Interiors
One of the most well-respected interior design and architecture practices for commercial workplace interiors is seeking a principal to lead their north London office - a highly coveted position. Whilst this job has comprehensive managerial responsibilities this role remains design-driven. The successful candidate will drive the interiors team forward, building the team on the back of a slew of successful pitches. Offering an attractive benefit package and bonus scheme with salary dependent on experience.
- Work closely with other principals by overseeing the work of project teams focused on design, development, and delivery of outstanding solutions for all phases on a client project.
- Involved at each stage to ensure design integrity and direction and will be a primary point of contact along with the assigned project director.
- Oversee multiple projects from start to finish and manage team / client / project billing on all aspects.
- Conceptualise the overall design intent of the entire project, and interpret the requirements of client, operator and consultants.
- Develop key relationships with clients, industry and partners.
- Foster a strong design culture.
- Lead business development, implementation of a sector plan and overall BD strategy.
- Understand the practice's market, emerging trends and build key partnerships.
- Confidently interact with partners and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the international offices and design principals and other discipline directors across the office and the firm to promote an integrated design approach and philosophy. Facilitating the advancement of this approach in respective offices.
Skills & Experience
- Interior design degree or architectural qualifications.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Previous experience in a similar level role within the workplace sector.
- Proven track record of designing and leading world-class commercial workplace projects.
- Experience of working at concept, tender of medium and large complex projects.
- Strength in retaining the original design intent through implementation stages.Through discovery and design, actively explore diverse ideas and cultures.
This is fantastic opportunity to join an established practice and together create places that connect, engage and inspire. Apply with your CV and sample portfolio.