Manager of Industrial Design (Europe)
Reports to: Head of Product Experience
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
The Manager of Industrial Design is responsible for concept creation, industrial design and development for all categories within my clients range of household personal washing products.
The ideal candidate should:
- Create beautiful form
- Have a creative approach to mass commodified categories
- Experience in packaging/Manufacturing highly preferable
- Be a creative problem-solver comfortable working autonomously, not relying on big team of juniors
- Probably have an In-House background rather than agency
- Ideally "challenger" mentality; empathy with brand values
Candidates for this position are likely to be degree-qualified in more than one discipline, for example; Design and Marketing, Design and Engineering.
They will have 8-12 years professional design experience (hopefully in CPG, or lifestyle brands, FMCG), and are comfortable working in highly motivated, energetic environments.
They will be just as happy discussing product strategy (whilst wearing a costume) as they will be discussing parison programming with our engineers.
The successful candidate will have experience with 3D CAD programs such as solidworks, rapid prototyping and all the usual suspects from Adobe and Microsoft, but these will just be tools they use to channel their awesome creativity.