Memberships Marketing Manager (Full-Time / 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract)
Position: Membership Marketing Manager (Full-Time / 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract)
Salary: £38,455 - £40,516 Inclusive of London Weighting (dependent on experience)
Location: ZSL London Zoo - NW1
We're ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we're working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering - working for wildlife.
We have upwards of 100,000 ZSL Members, bringing in over £6.5million of income annually so they play an important role in supporting the work of ZSL. We are currently undergoing a review of our Membership scheme with a view to re-launching the scheme in Summer 2019. This post will play a vital role in the delivery of the new scheme. Reporting to the Head of Marketing you will manage the ZSL Membership programme, developing and implementing strategies for acquisition and retention of ZSL Members and to work with the ZSL Brand Manager on developing supporters for ZSL's wider conservation work, including managing the day to day aspects of ZSL's regular giving programme. The Membership Marketing Manager will also have responsibility for leading on re-launch of the Membership scheme.
You will work closely with the wider Marketing team and other relevant departments, including Comms, Digital (web and social media), Interpretation and Conservation Programmes to develop campaigns to attract new members/donors and re-activate past supporters, driving the programme forward to achieve maximum engagement. You will also work closely with a number of external suppliers including designers, media agencies and mailing houses when working on recruitment campaigns.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the development and delivery of an annual membership marketing strategy and plan, that uses analysis of Member data and behaviour to drive both acquisition and retention of ZSL Members, delivering against set KPI's.
- To lead on the development and implementation of the marketing and communications plan to re-launch the Membership scheme in Summer 2019, including managing the delivery of new marketing and membership materials, working with an external design agency
- To develop and implement campaigns to generate new members using all elements of the marketing mix (paid, owned and earned channels)
- To develop and manage an extensive programme of direct mail and follow-up communications for Members as part of the retention plan, working with the CRM team on developing segmented customer journey
- To produce content and provide direction for a range of membership resources, briefing internal and external teams where necessary
- To work with the Digital Team to ensure that the Member areas of the website are kept up to date and that the online journey is optimised to deliver target
- To manage onsite and offsite promotions for Members
- To provide regular reporting of performance against targets (income and retention rates), learnings and resulting actions to the Head of Marketing
Ideally the job holder will have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing a Membership scheme, including the delivery of both acquisition campaigns and retention programmes.
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing campaigns across of variety of media.
- Experience of using performance and customer data to develop actionable marketing plans.
- Experience of working with customer databases and developing membership customer journeys.
- Experience of budget management and analysing commercial dataPrior experience in digital marketing, in particular social media
- Understanding of Not for Profit sector and it's legal regulations (including gift aid)
- Knowledge of data protection legislation
- Excellent knowledge of direct marketing
- Knowledge of all elements of the marketing mix including use of digital channels (online and social)
- Knowledge of trends in membership and fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and a high level of credibility are a must for this role
- Demonstrable leadership/people management experience - able to inspire, motivate and lead teams with clear objectives in place
- Proficient in understanding commercial performance data and extracting and manipulating customer data with a good attention to detail
Please note: This is a full-time, 1 year fixed-term contract position and will be based at ZSL London Zoo. However due to the nature of the role, the job holder will be required to make regular visits to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills). Click the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 3rd March 2019
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.