Head of FF&E - Leisure Hospitality
A multidisciplinary design agency in east London, specialising in the leisure and hospitality sectors are seeking a head FF&E designer to work alongside the directors, leading the design team to deliver beautiful high-quality interiors.
- Contributing to, and overseeing the production of conceptual design ideas, undertaking of research and development of schemes and contributing to the overall design process.
- Sourcing and purchasing of presentation materials, and other products or samples as necessary, in the preparation of sample boards, client information issue or other contractual submissions.
- Overseeing and selection of materials, furniture, light fittings, carpets, fixtures and fittings and other finishes or materials.
- Overseeing and production of FF&E presentations digital and mood / material boards.
- Producing schedules, specifications, sample boards, control books and any other relevant documentation necessary to fully illustrate and identify schemes.
- Liaising with supplier, manufactures and contractors.
- Travelling abroad and in the UK as necessary or required for meetings, research, site visits and inspections and other company business.
- Joint and collective responsibility for maintaining and keeping the product and sample library up to date with relevant materials, finishes and product information.
- Adopt and encourage an atmosphere of continued personal development for yourself and studio design staff.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience the luxury hospitality, leisure or marine sector.
- Experience leading and nurturing a team of designers.
- FF&E Management of multiple design projects from concept to delivery.
- Ability to develop creative design concepts with technical and commercial awareness.
- Proficient in FF&E scheduling, knowledge of Spexx advantageous.
- Knowledge of fire regulations for FF&E relating to commercial properties.
- Ability to work with demanding clients and time frames.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of commercial suppliers of FF&E, fabrics, materials and finishes.
- Ability to work in a team and take instruction.
If you're up-to-date with current trends within the industry and are enthusiastic about driving key concepts into realised projects, then please do get in touch with your CV and portfolio.