Manager of Industrial Design (Europe)
The Manager of Industrial Design is responsible for concept creation, industrial design and development for all categories in Europe
This role spans product strategy through to design specification. Partnering with marketing, consumer insight and technical resources is required to ensure design integrity. Participation in, and leading ideation of new initiatives for all businesses and categories is a key deliverable for this role.
The goal of this position is to provide design and innovation leadership for western European markets and international markets as needed. Industrial Design holds a unique position at PAD and this role is a trusted strategic resource within the company through providing beautiful, thoughtful design and keen thinking.
Outline of Key Responsibilities:
- Be the Industrial Design Lead
- Help create and drive the product strategy
- Uncover and Instill consumer insight as it relates to product
- Concept creation and consensus building
- Design evaluation and selection
- Refinement, design specification and handover.
- Pursue and catalyse innovation and innovative thinking
- Scout for new ideas and possibilities
- Meet and discuss new idea possibilities with vendors, business teams, and functional groups
- Work with cross functionally to influence product strategy to achieve the corporate growth objectives.
- Be an active promoter and participant of our unique culture as it relates to design thinking, collaboration and transparency
Use art to drive commerce.
Candidates for this position are to be degree-qualified in more than one discipline, for example; Design and Marketing, Design and Engineering, (preferred but not vital).
They will have 8-12 years professional design experience (hopefully in CPG or lifestyle brands), and are comfortable working in highly motivated, energetic environments.
They will be just as happy discussing product strategy (whilst wearing a costume) as they will be discussing parison programming with our engineers.
The successful candidate will have experience with 3D CAD programs such as solidworks, rapid prototyping and all the usual suspects from Adobe and Microsoft, but these will just be tools they use to channel their awesome creativity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8-12 years of industrial design experience, with at least 5 years of experience directing design projects at a consumer packaged goods company or design firm
- An extraordinary eye for detail and aesthetics that is evident in their work
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams, both technical and creative
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to influence within an organisation
- Ability to stay cool and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay focused on the "big picture"
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar 3D package