Head of Marketing / Marketing Manager / Marketing Director
Job Title: Head of Marketing
Location: Holkham, Wells-next-the-Sea
The Estate extends over 25,000 acres and has an annual turnover of £19m. The land and property based enterprise includes residential lettings, commercial lettings, property maintenance and development, farming, forestry, country sports, a hotel, a holiday park, beach and car parks. The operations centred on Holkham Hall include day visitors, catering, filming, outdoor events and concerts.
The Estate is managed as a progressive commercial operation set within a thriving local community where rural values are upheld. The aim is to ensure the long-term prosperity of the Estate and of those who live and work on it.
The Head of Marketing is a senior management position reporting directly to the Managing Director and with lead responsibility for marketing of their diverse business activities and the on-going development of the brand.
Their marketing team have been early adopters of digital and social marketing, with highly-regarded and effective channels promoting the visitor offering and the wider estate activities and ethos.
Building on the individual strengths of its separate businesses, they are now seeking to develop more effective cross-promotional marketing between these businesses, a more segmented approach to direct marketing, and stronger use of the brand to add value to each business and to optimise use of digital channels.
* Develop and deliver the marketing and branding strategy
* Champion and protect the brand, ensuring adherence across the estate
* Manage the website, email campaigns and social media, ensuring that information is provided proactively, in line with the brand and on the right media. To manage customer contact through these channels swiftly and effectively
* Provide professional, proactive and 'best in class' marketing support for each major business, responsive to the specific priorities identified with the General Managers
* Prepare marketing campaigns and materials in line with business and seasonal requirements, both on a proactive and planned basis but also to be responsive to needs based on sales
* Develop the marketing function's capabilities in capturing, analysing and utilising customer data in line with GDPR
* Create engaging and informative copy for a range of marketing campaigns
* Appoint and work effectively with agencies and specialist partners
* Develop and implement new communications ideas and new channels
* To raise awareness of the diverse offer and to take responsibility for cross selling and marketing the different businesses
* To manage the PR agency to ensure that events, activity and people stories are featured in the appropriate press or media, on brand and to the benefit of the estate
* To manage internal staff communication channels working closely with the HR Manager
* To work with the HR Manager on strengthening the employer brand for recruitment through effective images, filming and improvements to the website
* To manage the content of the biannual 'Gazette' ensuring the focus is on a wider community message
* To manage and deliver agreed annual budgets
* To be accountable for the recruitment, development and performance of team members and to lead by example - observing, training, coaching and recognising great performance
* As part of the senior management team, contribute to the wider performance of the Estate
* Experience of managing a Marketing department within a commercially driven environment
* Experienced in working across a range of digital platforms
* Experience of creating and implementing Marketing campaigns and strategy
* Great writing skills in creating copy for campaigns and marketing material
* Strong organisational skills coupled with the ability to effectively manage workloads and prioritise conflicting demands
* Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to get the most from colleagues, agencies and suppliers
* Ability to gain new knowledge quickly
You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom and have a full UK driving licence. This is envisaged to be a full-time position. Weekend, evening and Bank Holiday working may be required occasionally.
* A competitive salary
* Private healthcare
* A generous holiday allowance
* A contributory pension scheme
* An annual car parking season ticket for all their car parks
* Free entry for you and your family to visit Holkham Hall and the attractions
* 25% discount at The Company's shops, cafes and restaurant and to selected events
* Discounts at retail outlets in village, cycle to work scheme, death in service insurance
* Access to a range of learning and development opportunities
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Head of Marketing, Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Manager, B2B Marketing, Senior Marketing Analyst, Marketing Lead, Senior Marketing Coordinator, B2C Marketing, Marketing Strategy Manager, Group Marketing Coordinator, Head of Marketing, PR Officer, Media Relations Manager, PR Manager, Senior Marketing Associate, Marketing Lead, Social Media Manager, Marketing Specialist, SEO, PPC, Strategic Marketing, Direct Marketing, Analytics, Catalogue Marketing will also be considered for this role.