This company specialise in creating beautiful bespoke furniture, designing and producing high end, innovative furniture from fitted studies and libraries, through to freestanding pieces and Superyacht furniture.
Currently seeking a Junior Designer, the remit will be to initially assist the Project Manager with the day-to-day running of the business, managing workshops and projects and liaising with both clients and suppliers. There will also be time set aside for the Junior Designer to work on renders and drawings which will be based on live projects they are currently working on or quoting for.
The Junior Designer will work alongside, report to, and be mentored by the Senior Designer.
Responsibilities include to assist in:
- Sample preparation, tracking and production.
- Liaising with Workshops to correct problems or discuss design ideas/issues.
- Sourcing and costing of materials for live Projects or for quotations.
- Delivering accurate drawings to meet the production schedule and exceed the expectations of clients.
- Producing and developing their own design ideas, which if selected will be sent out as a monthly mail shot to all clients.
Skills and experience sought:
- Bespoke furniture making knowledge and able to convert design concepts into technical furniture drawings for manufacture.
- Experience of using AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- University Degree or similar in Furniture Design or a similar aspect of Design.
- Confidence and good communication skills when speaking with Workshops, Suppliers and Customers.
- Flexible working occasionally to accommodate deadlines and production timelines.
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm