Content at Tessian
We're looking for an ambitious and talented Content Lead to define and oversee Tessian's brand narrative and content strategy. You'll lead the development of the brand voice and messaging and bring it to life across all Tessian touch points to ensure continuity in everything we do and say. You'll manage the production of engaging and original content that's tailored to a specific target audience and aligned to clearly defined business objectives.
You'll be a creative, strategic and experienced Content creator. You will own and manage the content calendar, strategy and execution, working with the sales and data science teams to curate original content ideas. You'll be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with brilliant creative challenges. For us, the scope of content is vast — inclusive of advertising campaigns, web copy, blogs, videos, case-studies, email newsletters, press stories, topical white papers, sales and marketing collateral.
You will be meticulous and obsess the details. You'll champion quality over quantity. You'll be responsible for ensuring material is processed in a timely and accurate manner, for monitoring the performance of our content and for producing monthly reports and making recommendations to the team on where and how we can improve our reach and online engagement.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has 6-10 years' experience in content creation and/ or strategy
- Holds degree level education, ideally in journalism or creative writing discipline (or other demonstrable relevant experience)
- Has experience building holistic content strategies in addition to delivering against them (ie execution, distribution and measurement)
- Has experience leading content teams
- Has strong, demonstrable written communication skills
- Has experience in creative/advertising agencies or journalism/editorial roles
- Excels at making complex concepts engaging and simple to understand
- Is curious about technology
- Is comfortable working independently to ambitious deadlines
- Can bring ideas and vision to shape how we communicate ideas through different formats
- Has general enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- Understands the principles behind creating strong SEO and link building content;
- Ideally has published content online or in print
- Ideally has written content for similar industries
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You'll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions are made towards your pension
- You'll get a brand new Macbook to work on
- We have a communal company lunch twice a month, and regular team socials and activities
- There are plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, and cereals, and amazing coffee
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eyecare vouchers and childcare vouchers
- Weekly yoga sessions in the office
- If you're coming from abroad, we'll provide relocation assistance including flights, accommodation in an AirBnB for 3 weeks, and salary payments to an international bank. Over 25% of the company is international and we're always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move
Tessian is a machine intelligent email security platform to automatically prevent cybersecurity threats like spear phishing, misaddressed emails, unauthorized emails (data loss) and non-compliance.
We're a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We've just announced our raise of £9m ($13m) in a Series A round led by Balderton Capital and Accel Partners. Last year our business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 120 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We're excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us - we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We're backed by world-leading venture capital funds who've invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we've been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. You can read our equality and diversity statement here. We're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, and our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Young Professionals' Board.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button below to be taken to the application form which will collect all the necessary information.
Want to make your application stand out? We value well thought-out, Tessian-specific cover letters; you can write yours in the 'Additional Information' section of the application form.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.