3 days left
- Full Time
As the UK's leading cultural tour specialist, Martin Randall Travel (MRT) offers the widest selection of tours for small groups every year, covering destinations in the UK, continental Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, India, China, Vietnam, Japan and the Americas. We also organise our own all-inclusive music festivals across Europe for audiences of up to 300, music and literary weekends in the UK, and a programme of study days in London. Our mission is to deepen our clients' understanding and enhance their appreciation of the achievements of civilisations around the world.
Thorough research, careful prospecting, meticulous attention to detail and empathy with our clients underpins everything we do. We think constantly of adding extra value, of going beyond merely what is expected. Of all our resources, our office staff, Lecturers and Tour Managers are our greatest asset.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, well-read and articulate individual to provide support with the preparation, distribution and reporting of multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to attract new clients to MRT.
It is a very exciting time to join MRT as we strive to deliver the targets set out in our long-term company strategy. You will help the Marketing team to deliver the marketing strategy using a variety of channels, such as direct mail, e-mail marketing and pay-per-click advertising.
Your primary tasks
- Provide front-line assistance for the Marketing team, responding to client enquiries and logging brochure requests;
- Generate segmented mailing lists for our brochure and direct mail campaigns;
- Maintain, update and improve customer database integrity;
- Upload product inventory to our travel reservations system and website;
- Manage issue resolution and software development for our travel reservations and customer relationship management systems;
- Manage search engine and pay-per-click marketing agencies for MRT and our new division, The Cultural Travel Company;
- Create Facebook marketing campaigns to increase brand visibility and drive users through the conversion funnel;
- Assist with the reporting and analysis of e-mail marketing campaigns;
- Generate and analyse market research surveys;
- Produce a monthly report on MRT's marketing campaign activity;
- Record data on competitor activity to feed into the compilation of an annual report.
Your education and work experience
- A marketing degree or similar achievement in study;
- At least 2 years' experience of working in a commercially focused Marketing role;
- A strong understanding of database marketing principles;
- Working knowledge of content management systems, customer relationship management systems and e-mail marketing software;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- An interest in the arts, classical music and cultural travel is desirable.
We try to choose people for a particular post with the appropriate academic qualifications and work experience, but much greater weight is given to an assessment of their intelligence, humanity, empathy, imagination, conscientiousness, resilience and humour.
We allow people to grow and develop and to accumulate skills, capability and wisdom. And on the whole, we succeed, with the result that we have unquestionably the strongest team in the cultural travel business.
What is on offer?
Salary: £27,000, plus excellent benefits
There are excellent benefits on offer, including 28 days annual leave, travel insurance, museum membership, pension, Cycle to Work scheme and season ticket loan.
Interviewing will commence immediately.
Apply for Marketing Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly