An acclaimed interior architecture and design practice who have developed a reputation for delivering inventive, contextual and elegant design are seeking an associate to join their Clerkenwell team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead several of its high-profile commercial residential projects and become an integral part of the management team, working alongside the director to drive forward the continued success of the business.
- Deliver strategic design solutions for clients that are in line with the firm's creative vision.
- Communication and coordination with suppliers and consultants for samples, pricing, and purchasing & procurement.
- Be the primary point of contact for the client.
- Lead a team of designers to execute a design of the highest quality.
- Review and produce architectural drawing sets, shop drawings, custom FF+E specifications and budget compliancy.
- Manage client expectations, project schedules, and deliverables.
Skills and Experience
- BA (Hons) degree in interior design / architecture.
- Proven experience within the commercial residential sector. Hospitality experience in conjunction to this is advantageous.
- Have good understanding and eye for high-end contemporary interiors.
- Highly motivated and self-starting with a collaborative work style.
- Ability to multitask and assist teams with deadlines if needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all aspects of interior design phases including process and best practices, and consultant coordination.
- Software Proficiency include: Advanced Vectorworks. Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp. Open to candidates with AutoCAD who are willing to up-skill should they meet all other role requirements.
This role is best suited to a candidate who wants to lead a team but remain in the middle of the design process. This studio is a friendly and collaborative environment where staff are encouraged and provided with the opportunity, to develop and progress. Apply with your CV and professional portfolio.