Is it your dream to take charge and own your projects as an Interior Designer? Are you looking to work in a county in the countryside but maintain a high profile client base? A hugely successful design and build company with offices in the city of London are seeking an Interior Designer to join their team. The successful candidate will be pro-active and completely trustworthy. You will also be experienced in client facing responsibilities from briefing and pitching through to construction stages. It is advantageous for you to have demonstrable design and build project experience to ensure that you can cater to all responsibilities from RIBA stages 1-6. With a working day of 9-5, this company are heavily invested in a positive work/life balance, and encourage people to make efforts to progress in both their career and personal lives.
In this role, you will be required too;
- Be highly proficient in AutoCAD, InDesign, Microsoft Office and Sketch-up.
- Work well in a team, with clients, and with contractors.
- Create concept design proposals, finishes boards and presentation documents.
- Undertake building survey work when required.
- Have a working knowledge of construction drawings, detailed drawings and building regulations.
- Have a good knowledge of how commercial buildings work, as these will be the majority of projects that you work on.
The successful candidate must also;
- Have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Have worked on and won commercial design and build projects of 10,000 sq. ft. plus.
- Have the ability to communicate fluently and effectively.
- Be passionate about design and the value it brings to the workplace.
- Have a full UK driving license and a willingness to travel regularly.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.