Are you passionate about dogs and cats? Our people and animals make Battersea a great place to work. Your expertise will help increase our impact for dogs and cats everywhere.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Graphic Designer for our busy in-house studio. Our Design Studio is responsible for maintaining the visual identity and championing high quality on-brand designs, providing creative expertise through the organisation.
Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and over the last 150 years we've grown from one home in London to three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals We also campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing our expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership. Join us and make a difference for every dog and cat.
Our Marketing & Commercial Team
Battersea's Marketing & Commercial department promotes the organisation's work in an engaging and memorable way and works to achieve the objectives set out in the Brand, Marketing and Digital Strategy. Battersea is currently in the top 10 of the YouGov UK CharityIndex - a respected position that our department works hard to retain each year. Our work involves everything from digital and outdoor advertising campaigns to rehome our animals, to supporting other departments with their strategic objectives. We also manage Battersea's online communities, offer brand guidance, ensure a responsive digital output and sell Battersea branded products. We do this to raise awareness of Battersea's work, so we can be here for more dogs and cats.
Within the Marketing & Commercial department sits the Brand team. Guardians of the Battersea brand, we bring our purpose - to be here for every dog and cat - to life creatively. We also offer guidance as to how to use the brand effectively so we can raise awareness and encourage more people to support our cause.
You'll be working within the Brand team alongside the Creative Manager and other designers. Your role will be to bring the Battersea brand to life by creating, sourcing and delivering high quality print and digital creative to achieve Brand, Marketing, and organisation-wide objectives.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be an enthusiastic and dedicated graphic designer, with a desire to exceed expectations.
- A proven track record of creative achievement in marketing, graphic design and brand development across print and digital campaigns (minimum 2-3 years' experience).
- Develop creative concepts and designs through to completion within brand guidelines.
- Create engaging and strategic solutions across print and digital platforms.
- Have some experience of working on licencing and packaging design.
- Have a passion for visual storytelling.
- Be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to present their work.
- Articulate and propose ideas across all levels of the organisation with confidence and passion.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop. Working knowledge of After Effects, Premier Pro and animation skills are desirable.
- Manage personal workflow, external suppliers and can meet tight deadlines.
- Stay on track with trends in graphic design, typography and emerging digital trends and culture, attending events and engaging with the wider creative community.
What we can offer you
Our dedicated people mean that we can be here for every dog and cat. Whether you are sharing an office with our dogs or directly caring for our cats, our animals show their appreciation every day. There is no better reward than seeing the difference you make to the lives of our dogs and cats first-hand; although we also provide a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 28 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays) per year
- Generous pension contributions - up to 10% employer contribution
- Free healthcare cash plan, where you can claim for a range of treatment including dental (£120), optical (£120), physiotherapy, chiropody and acupuncture (£300) every year
- Annual interest-free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym memberships and cycle to work schemes
- Life insurance
So, if you are passionate about dogs, cats and about our work, then we'd like to hear from you.
For full details, including our job applicant privacy notice, please download our recruitment pack which you can find by visiting our online jobs portal.
To apply please send an introduction email, CV and examples of your work in PDF format to email@example.com (under 5mb). Any applications received via our online application portal will not be considered. Please note, we will not be able to facilitate any Skype interviews for this role.
All applications must be submitted before the closing date advertised.