Senior Interior Designer (Workplace)
Rubicon Commercial a leading interior design and build workplace practice are seeking a highly talented and conceptual, Senior Pitch Designer.
The role requires a self-motivated, creative individual to join a diverse team of experienced talented interior design professionals, who together enable the winning and delivery of client interior fit-out and refurbishment projects, both within the UK and worldwide.
Candidates must have a demonstrable commercial workplace design and build background, considerable knowledge and 8+ years' experience working on commercially viable workplace projects. Only those that can demonstrate that they have been influential in leading and winning pitches, and delivering workplace client projects, should apply.
Key day to day tasks and requirements includes:
- Involved and driving all stages of the design process;
- Confident and influential in client pitch scenarios;
- Effective and intelligent communication with clients and stakeholders;
- Ability to contribute to quality client documentation and presentations;
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant manufacturers and materials;
- Comprehension of technical drawing packages;
- Commercial appreciation of time, cost and quality.
As a Senior Pitch Designer Interior Designer, you will be closely involved at all project stages from concept development to design documentation, through to construction administration.
Integral to the Design team, you will collaborate, innovate, ensure accuracy and drive the need for intelligent solutions to challenging design briefs. You will assume ownership, responsibility and be accountable for specifying commercially viable interior design proposals across multiple projects. In initiating well-considered intelligent schemes, you will ensure that proposed solutions are ‘technically and creatively fit for purpose', and commercially aligned to client requirements, budgetary constraints and profitability. With self-assurance and a considered approach in communicating proposed client schemes, you will confidently and intelligently pitch in competitive presentation environments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Design, Architecture or another related field;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), InDesign;
- Strong experience in maintaining design integrity from design concept to on-site construction;
- A keen eye for detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Articulate and persuasive with a sense of presence in influencing positive outcomes;
- A demonstrable ability to engage, pitch and present business winning concepts to clients and stakeholders;
- Strong commercial sense in visualising and delivering high-end design schemes;
- Action-oriented with strong planning, organisational and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and people skills with a positive and professional ‘can do' attitude;
- Attention to detail, and passionate in pushing the boundaries of innovative design and excellence;
- Effective in planning and management of time, priorities and available resource;
- Ability to steer detailed design of joinery and component packages;
- Fluency in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates must have a strong conceptual design talent with a portfolio of solid signature of workplace interior project works that demonstrate creativity, innovation, and cost-effective solutions pitched, won and delivered across multiple diverse markets.