Creative Lead/Senior Designer
Leading independent consultancy in Baker St, London is looking for a Creative lead for their inhouse design studio.
- The role will involve a diverse output covering everything from, digital and print, editorial, marketing collateral, photography and video shoot production, illustration, event branding, digital design, and everything in-between.
- A diverse portfolio of experience is essential to this role.
- You will need to manage a small but growing team of graphic designers based in the London head office, but also guide a small team of designers in the international offices.
- This is a varied role that would suit a well-rounded creative who is just as happy to be hands on as well as spend time to properly manage the creative direction of the brand.
- You will be expected to create and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders within the business, as well as external suppliers.
- 7+ years of extensive experience within the design industry and publishing - either in house or agency - and a best in class portfolio to match
- Working on various media outputs - print, online, moving image
- You're able to lead pitches, taking ownership and responsibility of creative projects
- You have experience leading, motivating and inspiring design teams, as well as briefing and liaising with external freelancers (animators, printers, illustrators, copywriters)
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with designers and marketers alike
- Strong understanding of brand-level thinking.
- You're able to work well under pressure, whilst juggling various workloads whilst actively contributing to an agency culture
- You have experience and a practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance in digital design
- An approachable, down-to-earth management style, who will ensure that the team is working on the same agenda towards a common goal
- Highly motivated and will proactively come to the table with ideas, insights and thoughtful input for overall publication strategy
- Photography & film art direction - commissioning and working with photographers & video teams to direct interiors & people shoots
- Commissioning illustration and data visualisations for editorial
- Keeping updated knowledge about various print processes and production, whilst building relationships with suppliers
- A sharp eye for detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Make quick decisions and find solutions to problems, while appeasing key stake holders
- Maintaining a flexible & resilient approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- You must be able to work fast and accurately under pressure, and handle multiple projects at once.