Working Hours: Full-time
Salary: Up to £42,000 per annum
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date: 20/01/19
Job summary and Responsibilities
Help us make the right things
We are looking for passionate and experienced user researchers to join one of the first dedicated Service Design teams within Local Government. Our ambition is to re-imagine public services to be faster, better and cheaper, building on the successes of the Government Digital Service to establish new ways of working across Essex County Council. We share our progress and things we're learning on the ECC Service Design blog
What's in it for you?
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking service design team in local government
- As part of multi-disciplinary teams, bring understanding of user needs and help inform design decisions with insight and empathy
- Engage directly with stakeholders including service users to design and deliver meaningful, measurable change
- An excellent benefits package https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
The kind of experience you might bring:
- Designing, planning and delivering a wide range of user research activities through the design process, from discovery research to usability and accessibility testing
- Analysing user research data and turning findings into user stories and actionable insights
- Presenting new and compelling insights with passion and empathy for end users
- Communicating complex information and ideas simply to different audiences
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter via the Apply button.
For any queries about applying for a role please contact Kevin Seymour at the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
You can also find out more about service design at ECC at our blog or if you would like an informal conversation with the hiring manager please contact; Victoria.James@essex.gov.uk
Knowledge, skills and experience
For more information please click the link to view the full role profile.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Interviews to be held week commencing 28th January 2019.