Lead Content Designer
3 days left
- Full Time
Lead Content Designer
Working Hours: Full-time
Salary: Up to £57,000 per annum
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date: 20/01/19
Job summary and Responsibilities
Help us make the right things
We are looking for a passionate and expert content designer to join one of the first dedicated Service Design teams within Local Government. Our ambition is to re-imagine public services to be faster, better and cheaper, building on the successes of the Government Digital Service to establish new ways of working across Essex County Council. We share our progress and things we're learning on the ECC Service Design blog
What's in it for you?
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
- Be part of a new forward-thinking service design team in local government
- Engage directly with stakeholders to help them understand the importance of good content and influence a user-centred design approach
- Lead the content design profession within the council; applying best practice and building capability.
- An excellent benefits package https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
The kind of experience you might bring:
- Working with service areas to have an overall perspective on business issues and activities and advising on the wider implications and long-term impact
- Planning and managing the different phases of content design, iterating over time to ensure end-to end journeys are the best they can be
- Testing different versions of content and ensuring design decisions are based on evidence from user research and analytics
- Balancing the needs of users with the organisation's priorities to make the right decisions and empowering teams to act upon them
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter via the Apply button.
For any queries about applying, please contact Kevin Seymour at the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
You can also find out more about service design at ECC at our blog or if you would like an informal conversation with the hiring manager please contact; Victoria.James@essex.gov.uk.
Knowledge, skills and experience
For more information please click the link to view the full role profile.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Interviews to be held week commencing 28th January 2019.