Business Development Manager - Brand Licensing
There's never been a more exciting time to work on our award-winning team. Our Brand is stronger, and visitor and membership numbers higher, than ever before.
This is an opportunity to build exciting, innovative licenses with new partners, taking the brand even further and developing products which support our intention of preserving our special places forever, for everyone.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you either at Heelis or at Grosvenor Gardens in London. Do great things for us and we'll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust's biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis (Beatrix Potter). There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust's directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
There's never been a more exciting time to work in Brand Licensing at the National Trust. Our brand is stronger than ever, we have more members than ever, more visitors than ever, our marketing activity is standing up and winning high profile, national awards and there are so many opportunities to build exciting, innovative licenses with new partners.
What you'll be doing
You'll play a key role in strategizing, identifying, and delivering creative, on-brand licenses which promote our brand aspirations and cause, to audiences on the High Street. Working with a variety of internal stakeholders and external suppliers you'll provide leadership and professional brand licensing expertise. You'll develop new licenses in agreed categories, optimising and extending our brand into new external retail channels and territories.
You'll add value at a commercial and strategic level by ensuring that all licensee products fully reflect National Trust values and strategy. You'll work to increase brand reach and income, whilst at the same time ensuring that licensees deliver against contractual obligations.
This is a big role, so we urge you to read the attached role profile in full for more detail on the role.
Who we're looking for
- An experienced licensing expert you'll drive the commercial growth and value of our brand licensing program. In order to be successful you'll have to have:
- A track record creating significant Brand Licensing business development opportunities in a senior level commercial role
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A professional approach, be credible and personable demonstrating commercial awareness and an understanding of partners' brands
- A high level of business acumen, a strong grasp of figures and the ability to produce accurate reports
- An ability to use your initiative, effectively problem-solve and prioritise workloads
- A sound appreciation of procurement/sourcing best practice, product design and manufacturing processes
- Experience of managing people and working as a team
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership at over 100 leisure facilities across the country
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing date: 27th January 2019.
For more information and to apply, please click the button below.