Project & Studio Manager
Who You'll Be Working With
My client is a London based integrated brand & design consultancy. They are currently a grand total of two people but their approach is clearly working - they need a project / studio manager to join team and take complete ownership of the internal operations of the business. They don't do silos, they don't do hierarchy, what they do do is work very collaboratively, deliver great work on quite a nice range of clients and take real ownership of their work. They also have a really nice dog.
What You'll Be Doing
Bit of an interesting job. The "official" title is Project Manager but really this role encompasses a little bit of everything; operations, studio management, and project management. They've split this into five nice, digestible chunks which will also hopefully give you an insight into their culture!
- Accountability: Managing the studio schedule, anticipating challenges and ensuring smooth delivery for all projects
- Ownership: Looking after budgets, timings and delivery across projects from start to finish
- Collaboration: A team player to the core, taking an active role in supporting people to deliver outstanding work
- Communication: An articulate and persuasive communicator who is not afraid to challenge when needed
- Proactivity: Willing to get stuck in and enthusiastic to see the business succeed
Long story short - if it's something to keep the agency running on a day to day basis you'll be doing it.
Who You'll Be
The usual personal traits apply; you need to be flexible and adaptable, able to work in a fast-moving, fluid agency environment and keen to learn and develop yourself. Proven experience of working across multiple work streams, managing heavy workloads and delivering projects is a big plus! In the ideal world you'll also have a degree in marketing or something business related but this isn't an absolute must.
Of course, the key thing with a role like this is all in the personality. Someone with a can-do attitude, a real hunger to be part of something as it grows, and the ability to feed yourself things to do are all important.
If you have the Project or Studio Management skills for this job, apply below!
If it isn't quite right, there are plenty of other opportunities so take a look at the rest of the jobs we've posted.