Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 450 employees in offices in Central London. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
The Centaur Design Team is responsible for all design collateral for Centaur's events, publications and digital businesses. It ensures that high quality design and best practice production values are met, work delivered is on brand, and that there are considered processes in place to meet all deadlines.
The Junior Designer will join a team of three and will work on numerous campaigns ranging from responsive websites and banner advertisements to company literature and print advertising, relishing the challenge of taking big ideas through to placement and position to the final delivery of graphics. To help achieve this, you'll often be collaborating with both the Design and Marketing teams to merge content and design. You will be open-minded and proactive with natural creative flair and will no-doubt have a strong interest in the latest tech, trends, and methods, that result in excellent design.
You must be able to work under pressure - multi-tasking, managing a varied workload and prioritising accordingly is an integral part of this busy, junior role.
- Consistently delivering artwork within brand guidelines that are relevant to the end user
- Helping the design team in the creation of website design assets and signage for our awards and conferences
- Delivering final artwork for our events and marketing collateral
- Ensuring all new design is suitable for multi-channel delivery
- Working collaboratively within the design team and across the wider business.
- Working under pressure to tight deadlines whilst retaining strong attention to detail and following brand guidelines in all work.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with internal clients.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and XD/Sketch- Adobe After Effects a bonus
- Office - in particular Powerpoint
- Degree or other professional Design qualification
- Proven previous experience of minimum 4 years (either in-house or agency)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, digitally focused, creative environment
- Experience working across multiple brands and sectors
- Demonstrating a mastery of type & design flair and an understanding of creative messaging
- Online portfolio of high-quality digital design work
- Working knowledge of web design - HTML 5, CSS
- All design work is carried out to the highest quality and meets briefing requirements
- Proof of continual skill development and growing knowledge of design technologies
- Proven collaboration with Digital Design Lead, web developers and the marketing and ops teams
- Proven relationships and trust built-up within the wider organisation