Hotel Interior Designer
A small boutique practice situated in a fantastic location in London is seeking either a mid-weight or senior job running designer to work on some nearly won projects. The practice work on a mixture of high end Residential and Hotel projects both here in the UK
and overseas. They recently have won some beautiful contemporary 5 star Hotels overseas in exotic locations and now need some creative, hands on designers to work an all aspects of the interiors . The practice is very forward thinking and would be happy to look at either Food and Beverage or Residential designers - style is the key here!
Key Responsibilities of the Hotel Interior Designer:
- Developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects
- Liaising and discussing information with clients and scheduling projects
- Meeting client's needs, developing design concepts and establishing briefs
- Be able to set budgets, negotiating project fees taking in to consideration costs i.e. materials
- Researching on the projects given, gathering and carrying our presentations.
- Providing a selection of samples such as furniture, lighting, decoration for clients
- Being able to use CAD software and prepare technical drawings for examples designs, plans, models etc
- Surveying buildings;
- Being able to work as part of a team
- Supervising work during the design stage
- Working closely with quantity surveyors to establish costs and work schedules on larger projects, with architects and other design professionals to determine the best use of space, and with manufacturers and contractors;
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry
Independent and confident
- Able to manage other people and plan work
- Good design skill ( we need to like his/her style and have a taste that fit within out company)
- Good knowledge of schedules production and detailed design
- Hospitality or F&B experience a good plus!
- Flexibility, they are a small team so they don't need somebody hyper specialised, but a 360* designer
If you are interested in hearing more about this Hotel Interior Designer Job, please contact Deborah D'Silva or apply online.
Kindly ensure that BOTH your CV and portfolio are enclosed with your application.