This multidisciplinary design and engineering company are currently looking to recruit an Architectural Technician to work on infrastructure projects. They are leaders in their sector and are looking for a talented and enthusiastic techician to join their team in London!
Their teams are based across the UK, with engineers and architects taking client briefs, and developing buildable designs through to construction; with projects in the aviation, defence, life sciences and manufacturing, nuclear, power, public and rail sectors.
Responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed design packages for the Architectural project documentation, working within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- To provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different building types and materials
- Works to own initiative and required to supervise junior CAD staff members
- To be responsible for discrete packages of work under the supervision of a Senior Architect/Senior Technician
- Excellent team working skills
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with CAD technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the CAD team
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work and the work of junior CAD staff under their supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
- Develop positive relationships with customers through good professional conduct
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
- Attend in-house CAD courses and seminars
- Keep up to date with design trends/ design techniques (BIM etc.)
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Represent Baker Hicks in external project technical meetings if required
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent
Qualifications and training
- HND or foundation degree in architectural technology, construction or the built environment.
- Ideally aiming for a CIAT-accredited honours degree in architectural technology
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Architectural technologists are specialists in the science of architecture, building design and construction. They work closely with architects and help to turn the architect's concept into reality in the completed construction
- High level of proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT as a minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following software would also be an advantage:
- Microstation 3D V 8.2
- 3D Studio max (inc Vray) preferred but not essential
- Sketch Up
- Preferably knowledge of the following:
- Ability to work under the supervision of a Senior Technician to produce 2D & 3D deliverables from concept through to fully co-ordinated detailed design
- To have, or be developing knowledge and experience of traditional and sustainable building materials.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
- Knowledge of standard details and solutions, and compliance.
- Good level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work accurately and methodically, sometimes under pressure and strict deadlines, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Good time management skills to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery of tasks under their remit
- Effectively manage own time across multiple tasks and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
- Good communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to negotiate both internally and externally to the team
- Ability to work well within a team of other professionals in delivering designs to satisfy the agreed brief
- Track record of providing a quality CAD service as part of a team
- Supervision and Technical mentoring of trainees and other junior CAD staff.
If this sounds like you, apply now! Or call 0203 680 0640 to discuss other similar options!1Ar c
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly