Mechanical Development Engineer
This company develop and create innovative low-energy building services solutions, by maximising naturally available energy from the wind and the sun. Their products help to reduce costs, energy consumption and carbon footprints, helping us all to build for a better future.
Currently they work in four main areas; natural lighting, natural ventilation, natural cooling and hybrid ventilation.
Their focus for 2019 is to increase their mechanical ventilation offering and build their project portfolio of mechanical / active cooling solutions. To this end they seek a Mechanical Development Engineer. Reporting to the Technical Director, the position primarily involves New Product Development (NPD) and existing product enhancement. You will be required to work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop new products from concept through to product launch and integration within the organisation. You will have a proven track record of NPD, working in a 3D environment to develop and test prior to manufacture.
Person / Experience Required:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- At least 3+ years experience in a design position
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Proficient in FEA use and Fluid Flow simulation
- Motivated self-starter with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to organise and prioritise workload effectively paying attention to important details and can be relied upon to produce high quality work
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of CE Certification process
- Knowledge of the Commercial Ventilation industry would be of benefit
- Confident, responsible and reliable individual, comfortable to contribute effectively to team effort but also the desire to take on a project and lead a team to a successful conclusion
- Current valid UK driving licence
Salary will be awarded dependent on experience, up to the order of £36K. After a probation period, excellent corporate benefits are included.
Company Benefits: Standard Life pension Private Healthcare Generous holiday entitlements including flexible purchase scheme Regular training and career development Cycle to work scheme Eye care Vouchers Childcare vouchers Long service awards.