Kitchen Designer / Showroom Designer
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced designer to join one of the UK's leading suppliers of kitchen furniture to UK manufacturers and leading high street retailers, with a dynamic on-going programme of product development.
The company prides itself in providing best in class training, which they regard as a prerequisite to building a successful role with them and have a newly created role to fill based in their Showroom next to their factory and Head office.
The principle focus of the role will be the creation of imaginative, class leading and innovative kitchens both for customer showrooms and the Company's in-house Design Centres. Tasks could range in complexity from a single set design to a full showroom re-modelling. This is not a sales role that deals with the general public but is for their trade customers so more business to business.
Person / Experience Required:
- Experience in kitchen or retail design
- Excellent space planning and interior design skills with an understanding of furniture design
- Ability to create 2D and 3D visuals using SketchUp and AutoCAD
- Self-motivated, highly creative and passionate about design
- Experience in co-ordinating projects from initial site survey to installation
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Full driving licence
- The ability to hand sketch to a good standard would also be useful
Ordinary working week will be Mon-Fri, 40 hours.