The QEII Centre is seeking to appoint a permanent Marketing Manager to drive the Centre's marketing strategy and agenda.
The successful candidate will ensure the QEII brand identity is positively and creatively projected across multiple market places, locally, nationally and internationally, whilst working to embed the Marketing Team as a valuable function for both external and internal stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
• To devise, implement and evaluate a relevant marketing strategy for the Centre, with appropriate actions plans and measurement criteria, based on in-depth market research and analysis and close collaboration with the Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Lead and drive the marketing function at the Centre, being the marketing champion within the organisation and ensuring marketing is at the forefront of all activities.
• Line management of Marketing Executive; setting clear and deliverable objectives, leading and developing team member to maximise full potential.
• Developing and managing robust campaigns in line with the QEII Centre's strategic objectives with measurable KPIs and ROI deliverables across the entire breadth of the business.
• Manage use and representation of the QEII brand and images to ensure clients maintain a high level perception of QEII.
• Project manage the production of all Marketing Collateral including digital, publicity and promotional material, client communications, ensuring effectiveness in the target market, value for money and completion within deadlines at every stage.
• Plan and prepare promotional activities aimed at specific target markets together with the Marketing Executive. Activities to include, but not limited to, trade shows, site visits and promotional events, with the aim to provide sales lead generation for the sales team at QEII.
• Manage and deliver the PR strategy working closely with the contracted PR company and be responsible for generation of media coverage through close communication with journalists, the production of regular news releases, identification of potential case histories, relevant awards entries and liaison with external consultants.
• To be the QEII social media Champion, manage QEII social media platforms, encourage wider use of social media amongst key stakeholders, identify and plan all social media opportunities and undertake relevant activities, oversee all social media activity to ensure the social media policy is adhered to.
• Formulate and manage the marketing budget and control marketing spend in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Initiate, facilitate, motivate and monitor effective communication channels between all QEII staff in order to maximise marketing opportunities and ensure that Directors and staff are aware of marketing strategy and activity.
The successful candidate should have:
• A relevant marketing qualification, for example a degree in Marketing or related subject, or graded membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
• Good knowledge of PR, research techniques, marketing strategy, marketing tools and advertising methods/concepts, and digital marketing channels.
• Line management experience.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proactive and enthusiastic approach.
• Strong organisational skills, ability to plan, organise and deliver work to meet deadlines and quality standards.
• Good numeracy skills and a knowledge of statistics.
•A high standard of computer literacy.
• Ability to demonstrate a creative approach to marketing across multiple platforms including digital.
A full job description and person specification, and details of how to apply can be found on our website by clicking the "Apply" button below.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday 9 December.
•The sift stage of the process will begin the week commencing 10 December.
•Interviews will be held during the week commencing 17 December.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Diane Waldron, Director of Sales and Marketing on 020 7798 4065.
Open to UK, Commonwealth, and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non-EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here.
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria