Middleweight Interior Architect
This south-west London practice has numerous awards for the projects that it completes but also for its culture - they pride themselves on being an inclusive and encouraging environment. This is a middleweight position, but the practice will offer you the tools to develop into a senior and beyond. The projects that leave their doors include commercial residential, renovation of heritage sites and retail spaces and the practice has a honed architectural style. They now need to add an interior architect who can compliment that style whilst being instrumental in developing the interiors division.
- Execute the technical delivery of large scale projects.
- Work on site implementing projects.
- Liaising with contractors & clients.
- Production of CAD drawing & 3D modelling.
- Take up leadership responsibilities when required.
- Space planning and layouts.
- Coordinate all trades throughout the design and construction process.
- Develop detailed furniture plans specifications and bid packages.
- Develop project schedules.
- Develop documentation at an excellent production level.
- Mentor junior designers within the team.
Skills & Experience
- Strong communicator, collaborative, detail oriented and organised.
- Motivated and passionate about design.
- An advanced working knowledge of Vectorworks is preferred.
- Experience in the London market.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience in large scale projects, such as hotels or mixed used developments.
People tend not to leave this practice once they join and their team are given the space to develop and have a meaningful input on the projects they work on.