Centaur Media is a main market listed company, with approximately 600 employees. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
MarComms is the largest division with Centaur Media and is comprised of the ten brands that serve the marketing and creative industries. It has offices in London, New York and Singapore and employs around 160 people. Leading brands include Marketing Week, Fashion Monitor, Influencer Intelligence, Econsultancy and Creative Review.
This position spans Influencer Intelligence and Fashion Monitor products, as well as sister brands Year Ahead and Foresight News. The services provide brands, agencies and media with industry insight, data and intelligence to plan and execute campaigns, identify celebrity ambassadors, match products to key markets, manage reputations, identify brand partnerships, monitor competitor activity and maximise influencer outreach.
As a whole we are a young, vibrant, high performing team working within a fast-paced environment. This job is suited to someone who thrives on being busy, is well organised and can build rapport with clients. The ideal candidate will be able to use their initiative and take a pro-active approach in driving growth within their portfolio of clients.
We're looking for an Account Manager to manage SME clients across Influencer Intelligence and Fashion Monitor as well as sister brands Foresight News and the Year Ahead. Together with the Team Leader you will have full ownership of these clients and will collaborate with Client Services, Product, Marketing and Data to help deliver exceptional and personalised Account Management, at scale. Securing renewals and, where possible, upgrading these accounts to higher yield services.
The post holder will be a critical member of the TPG SME team working collaboratively with marketing, our content and product teams to understand and customise our proposition to clients.
- Accurate reporting and forecasting
- Adhering to renewal schedules and keeping account admin accurate and up to date
- Developing relationships with client base, understanding their business and the sector and through a consultative account management approach driving usage and value
- Identifying uplift opportunities and selling these in where appropriate
- Ensuring maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation
- Arranging and presenting at client meetings
- Working collaboratively with internal support teams - with the Client Services team on likes of usage reports; with Marketing on marketing campaigns
- Requesting sector-specific support from Editorial and Marketing teams to maximize relevance of our product to your client base
- Attending and networking within the industry at events and conferences
- Staying abreast of the subscription content, the industry as a whole to flag relevant data to your client base in a timely manner
- Organised, methodical, process-driven and with an eye for detail
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Use initiative to identify at risk and growth opportunities months in advance so appropriate action is taken
- Able to juggle accurate admin and renewal processes with proactive client contact and meetings
- Subscription renewal rates by value and volume
- Level of feedback passed to Senior Leaders and Content Team to drive product enhancements
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in a B2B sales role
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding conversation skills, commercial acumen and adept at uncovering prospects' business challenges
- Self-motivated and capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions, and ensure exceptional culture of client service
- Motivation to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Understanding of digital marketing, especially influencer marketing