Senior FF&E Designer
An interior architecture practice known paving the way in luxury design is seeking a senior FF&E designer to join its south-west London studio. The focus of the role is to manage a team of designers ensuring that the FF&E requirements on all projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the brief.
- Manage and mentor a team of FF&E designers.
- Work with directors to identify development needs for junior team member and put an appropriate plan in place.
- Generate new business opportunities with new or existing clients.
- To assist in pitches and proposals when required.
- Develop concepts that provide an original, appropriate and effective solution to brief.
- Work closely with interior designers to endure project is delivered holistically.
- Create boards / layout plans in accordance with approved concepts.
- Communicate effectively, delegate tasks and activities to team members effectively.
- Work with designers to prepare, schedule and cost all FF&E specifications.
- Handle negotiations and liaise with suppliers, contractors, sub-contractors and oversee purchase order specifications.
- Ensure quality control through site visits.
- Ensure that final project delivery runs smoothly and that all FF&E and styling requirements are delivered to brief.
- Oversee professional photography.
Skills & Experience
- Proven luxury FF&E experience, preferably from a similar award-winning practice.
- Experience working across at least three interior sectors, bespoke projects advantageous.
- Budget and procurement experience.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Ability to interpret brief correctly.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively.
- Strong / effective people, project and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Project and MS applications.
This studio is a leader in the industry, an opportunity here will give the successful candidate exposure to the most extraordinary design, all completed with a notable flair.
Please ensure you send both your CV and portfolio when applying for this job.