Mid-Senior Workplace Interior Designer
Mid-Senior Interior Designer | Workplace | London | £38-40K
Leading design and build consultancy seek a talented Mid-Senior Interior Designer with extensive Workplace experience to join their high performing team. This is an exciting and fast paced working environment with excellent incentives and imaginative briefs.
- To work as an integrated and compelling member of the project design team to create outstanding design solutions which fulfil potential client's needs and stretch their imaginations.
- To use all your sensory skills to consistently produce very high-quality creative responses to our client's briefs, in order for the company to be appointed on every pitch in which you participate or originate.
- To translate your concept designs into a concise technical package which can be issued to contractors, site management and pre-construction.
- Undertake site survey work to produce base build drawings, apply for building control and create design risk registers for each project.
- Present design schemes in the format of mood boards and visuals to support the sales team's successful award of projects and retention of clients.
- Work closely alongside the pre-construction and Project Directors to adhere to specification details and budgets.
- To pitch design solutions to clients either on your own or as part of an integrated team.
- Ensure good client liaison and co-ordination for the designs you are responsible for and offer exceptional client service through speed, transparency and honesty.
- Contact with sub-contractors and suppliers in relation to technical details, availability of product and cost information when working to budgets.
- Compile O&M information including as-builts and finishes schedules.
- To openly share your views with the wider team and participate in the success strategy of the business. Undertake research into new products, finishes, furniture, exhibitions and trends for the design team.
- On specific projects the designer will act as account manager, taking a brief from the client, developing the concept for presentation, preparing the specification and cost plan and managing the project through to a successful completion. Assistance will be given by the Small and Medium Enterprise Manager to develop this aspect.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as Project Designer
- A strong working proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up and InDesign
- Skills in showing ideas through hand sketches preferred, or the use of Sketch Up to express ideas to collaborate with visualisers and pre-constracts
- Creative skills that are focused and can work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced industry
- Working towards specified fit-out and furniture budgets
- Understanding of how design concepts can be translated into technical packages
- Some knowledge of the legislative issues within the industry
- Confident personality, with team player attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
If you interested in finding out more about this Mid-Senior Workplace Interior Design jobs, then please get in touch with Deborah D'Silva or apply online.
Please ensure you send both your CV and Portfolio when applying for this job or email