An award-wining architecture practice based in central London are seeking an office administrator. The role involves working closely with the directors and ensuring the smooth running of the studio and administrative functions. The successful candidate will be capable of managing a varied workload, be flexible and self-motivated and have excellent attention to detail.
- Day-to-day running of the studio and operations - post, couriers, taxis, arranging lunches.
- Assisting directors and project teams with travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Managing directors' diaries.
- Organising office trips, events and building visits.
- Monitoring bank account and managing day-to-day finances.
- Invoicing, payroll, pension payments, book keeping (Sage).
- Managing insurance renewals.
- Supporting teams with the calculation of project fees and resource.
- Supporting teams in arranging new project appointments and fee drawdown schedules.
- Setting up new projects on systems and project management software (Rapport).
- Recruitment assistance - posting adverts, monitoring applications, organising interviews.
- Processing leave requests and ensuring time sheets are kept up-to-date.
Experience and skills
- Good communicator with a personable approach.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and optimistic.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Competent in Adobe CS, MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Rapport and Sage One.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within an architectural or design environment.
- Experience in marketing or bids / awards an advantage.