Innovation Project Manager
Experienced Innovation Brand Manager needed for established Start-up in fast, competitive UK Grocery sector. Challenger/SME/start up experience preferred.
The core focus of this role is on developing and launching new products into new categories.
Our client successfully launched over 7 years ago and already has great distribution in FMCG retailers. They have ambitious growth plans for the next 3-5 years through distribution and some terrific NPD and are in a particularly exciting phase looking at ways to grow and revolutionise their category.
Reporting into and working closely with a Marketing Manager, this is a crucial and important hire. You will be evaluating market opportunities, conducting consumer research and building a business case for launching market-leading innovation in-store. You will work specifically on new product development and testing in partnership with the operations team, manufacturers and category experts. You will also get to work on packaging and artwork, working with leading design agencies. Once products have launched you would also be responsible for tracking, reporting and evaluating performance.
No two days are the same and our client is looking for an ambitious, passionate and motivated brand manager who will be excited to work in a fast growth, entrepreneurial company, creating a challenger brand.
You need to have:
- Experience in grocery FMCG marketing (ideally food), with a record of delivering tangible results at brand manager level.
- Extensive experience in food development - possibly a qualification in food science/technology, fluent in the commercials of recipe building.
- Experience developing and launching new products, and a strong consumer feel to know what is likely to resonate with the target audience.
- The initiative and self-confidence to come up with ideas, propose them and make them happen without being spoon fed and without relying on huge budgets or external agencies to do all the thinking.
- A down to earth, collaborative and practical; prepared to get stuck into whatever is required at a small company.
- Good attention to detail and be highly organised.
- Ideally - you will have experience in start-ups or entrepreneurial brands where budgets are limited.
You need to be
- Intelligent, entrepreneurial, creative and passionate.
- Someone who thinks and suggests what to do rather than always asking what to do
- Confident and articulate presenting to the founders and leading agencies.
- Commercially astute, with good business acumen and numeracy
If this sounds like you, please do get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don't hear back from us within 3 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **