Senior Hospitality Designer
This studio is known for working across retail but they have expanded quickly into luxury hospitality work and with these prestigious projects on their books they now need an experienced designer to add to their team. The successful candidate will play a part in growing this division, pitching for work and leading projects.
- Utilise your experience with all phases of interior design project deliverables from concept design through construction administration to realise a successful design concept.
- Work independently or with minor oversight to perform assignments including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation.
- Participate in business development.
- Produce mood, material and design presentations independently or with minimal supervision.
- Produce furniture plans, specifications, material selections and schedules needed for construction documentation independently or with minimal supervision.
- Participate in client and consultant meetings.
- Effectively communicate design ideas by hand sketching and / or digital graphics.
- Train and mentor junior designers.
- Have extensive network / relationships with hospitality/retail/ F&B speciality FF&E vendors and resources.
- Utilise knowledge of hospitality furniture and technology, and custom furniture and lighting solutions, finishes, materials, colour selections, and ID specifications.
- Independently create material palettes and inspiration image boards.
- Space plan in various aspects of retail, F&B and hospitality.
Skills & Experience
- Have experience presenting and pitching to clients.
- Completed full restaurant projects from concept to completion.
- Proven professional growth and promotion record within previous position(s).
- High taste level, excellent colour sense, and great passion for hospitality design.
- Excellent graphic design, organisational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient.
- Enjoys taking responsibility and team collaboration.
- Detailed understanding of FF&E design and deliverables.
- Excellent reputation and working relationships with lifestyle sector / hospitality-related vendors, consultants, external consultants, and fabricators.
This is an unusual opportunity to join an established studio during an exciting period of expansion in a challenging and rewarding role.