Creative Studio Manager
Creative Studio & Project Manager
Do you want to work across projects that have a direct and positive impact on people and their communities?
This agency works with a variety of clients, all of who aim to improve people's lives. The creative team focus on projects ranging from simple materials for recycling campaigns to large-scale campaigns on Domestic Violence.
We are looking for a Project and Studio Manager to join their small friendly team to cover a maternity leave. Working closely with the Executive Creative Director and Assistant Creative Director, you will take care of the management and planning of the workflow through the studio; ensuring projects run on time and to budget, while also looking after the general operational running of the studio, project set up and estimating and monthly financial reporting for the department.
You will be committed, able to organise and plan your own time and tasks brilliantly as well as ensure the team are aware of their priorities and can manage their workloads effectively and efficiently. You will have a friendly, calm and professional management style, keep abreast of all projects going in and out of studio and ensuring processes are following by the team, clients and suppliers alike.
They are an energetic, ambitious consultancy with a wealth of experience, working on projects that have a direct and positive impact on people and their communities. If this sounds like an environment you'd like to be part of then please get in touch. The contract will be 9-12 months initially with a view to possible extension and they would ideally like someone to start November/early Dec at latest.
- Management of day to day studio operations (shared responsibility)
- Scheduling and trafficking of all project traffic through studio
- Taking briefs, project set up. Estimating and assigning
- Resourcing and commissioning (of additional freelancers and external suppliers) for projects as needed
- Client liaison / account management
- Leading daily team project huddle
- Maintenance of workflow reports / project trackers, studio planner etc
- Top line management of multiple projects simultaneously, often to tight timelines
- Maintenance of CMS (Panacea) and collaborative google docs as required
- Monthly financial tracking and reporting
- Management of project costs, final approvals and charging process
- Shared management of HR elements for design team (with ACD)
- Status reporting to clients
- Supplier management and liaison with accounts department to ensure timely payment of suppliers and invoicing to clients
- Dealing with client requests, queries and issues professionally and appropriately
- Possible line management of one studio assistant
- Support creative team with project management if/when required
- Management and communication of ongoing project costs to clients as required
- Team timesheet management and reporting
- General office admin as required.
Key skill requirements:
- Proven experience in a creative studio environment in a management / traffic management role
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-platform creative projects and print processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Almost insane attention to detail
- Highly organised with a methodical and logical approach
- Incredible task and time management skills
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and dedicated, with a solutions-focused approach
- Mac proficient
- Basic understanding of financial reporting / numeracy (for financial tracking and reporting)