Major Players are working with a small independent creative agency who specialise in retail and brand experience, they create concept pop ups, branding, window displays, interiors, branded content, video, digital and web projects for fashion and lifestyle brands and are now looking for a passionate and dedicated Studio Manager to become the organisational guru for their studio.
Based in East London and reporting to the Head of Client Services, this is an all-round role where you will have the ability to juggle many tasks at once and be responsible for all administrative control and studio operations of their busy in-house studio including scheduling, engagement of freelancers, provision of facilities, quotations, budgets and billing.
You will be responsible for managing workflow to an exceptional standard, be able to oversee end-to-end production of all in-house projects, help to prioritise workloads for the team, ensuring that they are aware of daily priorities and that resource is in place, both internally and externally. You will possess demonstrable project management experience in a creative, studio environment with a deep understanding of best practice and processes (plus strong commercial awareness) to ensure and improve efficiency.
The Studio Manager will be involved in the management and scheduling of creative briefs (running a central server) and print production, planning of film and photo shoots and implementation of window schemes, so an understanding in all these areas will be beneficial but not essential.
▪ Day-to-day traffic management + Keep the Head of Creative in touch across all new project briefs, providing the first point of call for people to send creative briefs and to manage the process of delivery
▪ Act as the gatekeeper for work that needs amending, rather than people going straight to designers + provide end to end involvement throughout project life cycles to final delivery (including client briefing, initial scoping and development)
▪ Coordinate and communicate all project schedules / timelines and deadlines internally with team members and with clients and suppliers (both internal and external)
▪ Help to ensure the designers are fully briefed before undertaking assignments
▪ Discuss and resolve any queries as appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the studio
▪ Attend and contribute towards weekly forward planning meetings + help organise creative team meetings
▪ Assist with preparing presentations
▪ Source creative freelancers (and help establish a network of freelance support) when required
▪ Excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
▪ Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
▪ Persuasion and negotiating skills
▪ Problem-solving skills
▪ Flexible and able to handle different kinds of work
▪ Self‐motivated + able to motivate and encourage others
▪ Decisive and able to work well under pressure
▪ Able to work on own initiative
▪ Effective at planning, prioritising, monitoring and reviewing
▪ Challenge and implement new methods
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an amazing and growing agency that offer a positive working environment and competitive benefits. If this sounds like the role for you then please apply.