Interim Head of Ecommerce
Are you able to drive conversion and sales whilst upskilling and mentoring your team as you go? Are you adept at managing large teams and dealing with senior stakeholders with ease? Then this six month fixed-term contract role could be just right for you!
You will be an ecommerce expert with a really deep understanding of optimising trading and converting customers. You will be a very strong manager with experience managing large, cross-functional teams, solving problems and working at pace with conviction.
On top of this, you will have:
- Strong presentation skills
- Natural negotiator and relationship builder
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Honest and reliable
- Must be flexible
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
Technical skills required:
- Must be highly commercially focused with proven ability to trade profitability online
- Experience in delivering online trading growth beyond marketplace expectations
- High level of experience in online merchandising and CRO strategies
- Deep knowledge of digital and ecommerce from functionality and technology through to an understanding of how to leverage these channels to maximise commercial performance
- Must have an ecommerce background
- Must have experience of agile ways of working
- Experience of CMS/MVT/Web analytics/Customer testing platforms
About the role
This is a high profile role managing a team of 15-20 across merchandising, product data, optimisation, product and UX. You will deliver the sales and profit plans across multiple websites. You will be responsible for the day-to-day trading of the websites to maximise online revenue, conversion, customer engagement and the digital roadmap. Working closely with the retail category and marketing team to maximise online sales and profit through implementation of category strategies including ranging, campaign and promotional activity, as well as working with IT to ensure successful delivery of new features and improved customer experience.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop, continually review and optimise site merchandising to improve conversion rates and average order value through understanding and developing key customer journeys, optimising pages across the website, maximising ROI of recommendations engine and developing online visual merchandising schemes in line with store
- Develop strategy to drive mobile and ensure everything done by the team is mobile first to drive conversion and revenue through this channel
- Plan and own the online merchandise calendar ensuring it is in line with marketing activity and key seasonal category trading plans
- Manage the production of management information and analysis on the performance of digital channels, supporting the marketing and development teams, in addition to the wider business
- Manage the delivery of the CRO programme and customer experience of the site including landing pages, product pages, checkout, and navigation pages
About the client
A quintessentially British brand with both bricks and mortar and ecommerce retail.