One of the top retailers in the UK is looking for a Product Designer (with more of an insights and research bias) to join their Experience Design team. This team includes a mixture of Researchers, UX, UI, Product Designers, Guidelines Managers and Production experts who are all responsible for driving the company's values through a customer-centric, evidence-based design approach.
Supplying great customer experience is one of this client's biggest goals and they are very much recognised by this within their industry. They now want to achieve even greater things by improving their digital experience - which is where you come in. The client is heavily investing in this Experience Design team and as a Product Designer within the team, you will develop original creative digital concepts to deliver a distinctive, harmonised look and feel across existing and new features, products and services for both customers and their employees.
You will be working across transactional and non-transactional websites, apps, in-store digital displays and self-service tills, as well as tools for their employees across grocery and non-food. The role will involve you working in an agile environment with cross-functional teams including UX Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Testers, Product Owners and Stakeholders across the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help deliver the customer proposition by creating innovative, personalised and relevant digital products that will drive loyalty, trust and profit.
- Be passionate about all things digital, including ecommerce, and committed to creating best-in-class user experiences.
- Understand product owner/ brand and user goals, using this knowledge to tailor solutions.
- Consider the wider customer experience across the digital ecosystem on each project to ensure the experiences are joined-up for the customer
- Define, develop and create the information architecture and content framework of omni-channel touch points, creating an engaging, easy-to-use and best of class customer experience
- Categorise information into a coherent structure, that is easy for the customer to understand
- Use a range of inputs, including interaction, brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, usability testing, technology and business requirements to develop informed & logical solutions
- Understand technical considerations with the assistance of the UX Lead, developers & third party agencies involved as relevant.
- Contribute to user experience principles and guidelines internally and for third parties as required.
- Your influence will be partly tactical at a project level and partly strategic, influencing customer experience strategy within the department and across the business as a whole.
- Document all UX materials to a level of detail that will enable them to be shared with both co-located and remote team colleagues
- Ensure correct team competency is engaged on project at the correct time
- At least three years' experience as a user experience specialist/ Product Designer
- Command of a broad range of IA tools, techniques and a portfolio as evidence of these deliverables
- Good degree or equivalent in IA or related discipline
- Experience in user centred design and a solid grasp of usability best practices
- Stakeholder management
- CMS knowledge
- Experience in interpreting insights from qualitative and quantitative analysis
We would like to see a portfolio of previous work, which will illustrate the below competencies:
- User research/ focus groups, including card sorting, interview scripts, prototypes (paper or clickable) conducting interviews and trialing new concepts with customers
- Multi-platform UX is essential for B2C e-commerce websites
- Competitor analysis, audit & concept pitches
- User flows & personas
- Information Architecture/ Sitemaps - expert at information structuring and task modelling
- Wireframes - proficient in one or more of the following: Microsoft Visio, Omnigraffle, Axure
- Prototypes & storyboards to effectively communicate concepts.
- Functional specifications - recording all functional requirements for development.
- UI Behaviours/ interaction
- Usability research - ensuring usability research feedback is incorporated into flows and wireframes as appropriate, with evidence of where feedback has affected work output.
- User Acceptance Testing (including use cases & task flows)
- Guideline documentation, both in terms of CMS guidance, but also input into digital design guidelines for developer reference.
- A good knowledge and experience of interactive design and development for Web CMS.
If you are interested in this role then please apply with your CV and case studies.