Product Design Engineer
This company is a successful business designing and manufacturing rooflights and roof windows for the UK construction / specification market.
They have an in-house design team responsible for creating one-off designs to their clients requirements which are manufactured in the UK and assembled at their premises. They work alongside some of the top architect firms in the country and their products often feature on award-winning architectural buildings throughout the UK.
They are looking for a Product Design Engineer who can handle the challenges of delivering bespoke rooflight and roof window designs to the architects and contractors specifications. It is a highly technical role which requires a practical and motivated individual with excellent organisation and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to work at a fast pace.
The right candidate will be able to:
- Design, develop and detail feasible solutions and products for manufacture to customer specifications
- Produce fully detailed 3D models, in SolidWorks, for manufacturing purposes
- Undertake all necessary simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping to ensure products are fit for purpose
- Support and assist the internal teams and suppliers to ensure successful bespoke projects from order through to dispatch to agreed quality standards
- Provide a high level of technical advice or project support to internal and external customers where required
- Manage their own workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Communicate well at all levels
You will ideally have 3 years experience working full-time within a design environment for a technical/specialist products company but they might also consider a recent graduate with work experience. Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication would be an advantage.
Apply for Product Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly