Middleweight Technical Designer - Part-time
An insight-led consultancy who rethink the workspace as a branded experience is looking for a technical designer to join its east London studio part time (three days a week) on a six-month fixed term contract. The technical designer will work alongside the design team to design,detail and deliver various projects. Depending on the project, the scope of work may include initial concept design, schematic designs, design development and construction documentation. The successful candidate will have good design skills and understand construction principals.
- Producing plans, elevations, sections details from initial concept through to technical design.
- Developing technical and construction details, including build and bespoke joinery.
- Creating build packages, including design intent, tender or contract.
- Conducting and writing up site surveys.
- Liaising directly with clients when necessary, working with project managers to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained.
- Liaising with specialist sub-contractors.
Skills & Experience
- Professional degree in architecture, interior design or any other associated field.
- High technical skills with attention to construction detailing and bespoke joinery.
- Experience of working with external consultants.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Articulate, self-motivated enthusiastic individual.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Experience of designing workspace interiors and understanding spatial requirements.
- Experience using both metric and imperial (US / UK) measurements is advantageous.
- Extensive experience of detailing.
- Experience with undertaking site surveys.
- Understanding of construction methodology, including M&E.
- Proven expertise in AutoCAD and Adobe software.
This is fantastic opportunity for a contractor looking for a flexible and stable role. Looking to interview ASAP for an immediate start. Apply now with CV and technical portfolio.