Middleweight Graphic & Motion Graphic Designer
Holmes Wood is a world-leading interdisciplinary design studio whose focus is creating wayfinding and information graphics that truly work for the end user in the built environment. Our clients include some of the biggest and best-known galleries, museums and commercial destinations. Our reputation for bespoke, elegant, timeless and effective design comes from our uniqueness in approach to any project. We balance strategy, graphic design, product design and usability, with absolute attention to detail across all aspects of our work.
We are a close knit family of designers from many different design disciplines - Graphic Design, Product Design, Architecture, Engineering - that combine our skills to create truly great work.
As a key member of the Holmes Wood studio, based in our Newark office, you are a motion and graphic middleweight designer with experience working on a vast range of motion and graphic projects, working within the built environment and print.
You are a talented and committed designer, passionate about digital storytelling, the animation process and design thinking, with a strong understanding of graphic design.
You are able to work with direction from more senior creative designers within the studio.
You have strong communication skills and the confidence to both present ideas and get involved in all stages of the creative process, from concept creation, to story boarding, and final production.
- Be a creative and methodical multidisciplinary designer with the ability to work on a wide variety of projects utilising skills in graphic design, animation and film techniques.
- Participate and contribute to story boarding and creative idea generation for projects, with the ability to sketch out ideas.
- A deep understanding of the animation process, working with the motion graphics team to take design concepts through to final design, this includes creation of animations for both internal and external clients.
- Be able to take and disseminate briefs and creative direction from the wider team to both edit/create videos as well as graphic print.
- Be responsible for accomplishing and maintaining a quality of design throughout all phases of the design process, showing complete attention to detail, with a deep understanding of the target audience and how they connect with the final design.
- Deliver work according to an agreed timescale and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude.
- Work collaborative with members to the wider Holmes Wood team to ensure work is fully co-ordinated.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate members of the team.
Qualities and essential skills
- A creative designer with a passion for digital visual storytelling with a curiosity to learn new approaches animation, technology or new software.
- Professional approach to projects
- Excellant design and conceptual skills
- Experience in managing a video-production time line
- Strong editing skills
- Excellent typographic skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of After Effects and Premier Pro
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong graphic design background alongside animation
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.