Junior Graphic Designer
Holmes Wood is a world-leading interdisciplinary design studio whose focus is creating wayfinding and information graphics that truly work for the end user in the built environment. Our clients include some of the biggest and best-known galleries, museums and commercial destinations. Our reputation for bespoke, elegant, timeless and effective design comes from our uniqueness in approach to any project. We balance strategy, graphic design, product design and usability, with absolute attention to detail across all aspects of our work.
We are a close knit family of designers from many different design disciplines - Graphic Design, Product Design, Architecture, Engineering - that combine our skills to create truly great work.
As a key member of our growing team, you'll be a graphic and information graphic-focused junior designer that will work across graphic design and the built environment.
You are a strategic thinker capable of applying insights to all design disciplines including wayfinding strategy, further assisting the team in the creation of branding, wayfinding and environmental projects.
You are a talented and committed designer, passionate about design, the creative process and design thinking. You will be proactive at involving yourself in all activities across the studio, supporting all members of the design team.
Being able to work with direction from more senior creative designers within the studio is a pre-requisite, as is having strong communication skills and the confidence to both present ideas and get involved in all stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
- Provide creative, effective and innovative graphic design for any particular project, with support from the more senior members of the team. This will include branding, design for wayfinding and environmental design projects.
- Participate and contribute in brainstorming/design sprints, conduct any relevant research for projects, add insight and value, and assist in achieving studio and project goals.
- Develop design concepts through to final design with the support of more senior members of the team. This includes developing presentations for both internal and external meetings.
- Maintain the quality of design throughout all design phases, showing complete attention to detail.
- Develop an understanding of the end user and how they ultimately engage with the end product.
- Deliver work according to an agreed timescale and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate members of the team.
Qualities and essential skills
- Design obsessive, with the aim of gaining awareness of best practice in all areas of graphic design
- Strong conceptually, innovative and creative
- Excellent typographic skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Good time management, including the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible, and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude
- Excellent computer knowledge, minimum Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to effectively present ideas
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.