Head of Brand & Marketing
Head of Brand and Marketing - £65K pro rata - Hertfordshire
Do you love good food?
Do you have creative flair, experience in leadership and shaping consumer brands?
The Chesterford Group is a fast-growing multi-brand takeaway group looking for an experienced, creative and dedicated Head of Brand and Marketing to help support the business. The company is seeking a superhero who will be the champion of the national dish, fish and chips.
You will work as part of the executive team/leadership team based at the company Head Office based just outside Bishop's Stortford. You will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for the strategic direction, planning, creation and implementation of all brand and marketing material spanning POS, Direct, Digital, Social, Packaging, PR, Internal Comms. All activity is planned and created by the Brand and Marketing Department which acts as a mini internal agency.
The client needs an individual who understand the competitive market and can help defend the future of fish and chips. Unleash your inner fish and chips superhero and help them S.A.V.E the day…
- STRIVE to be better and do the right thing
- Go ABOVE and beyond for our customers
- VALUE and believe in each other
- EMPOWER each other to be extraordinary
Play a real part in the growth of this company and shaping the next big food brand, click Apply Now.
- Define the marketing strategy and budget allocation
- Oversee budget expenditure, ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Build and continually renovate 3 different brands, evolving TOV and visual expression
- Set and measure KPIs/ROI and report to the board
- Manage the department of 3, (Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer and Junior Artworker) training, motivating, leading, managing and appraising
- Ensure we have creative and innovative marketing plans that excite customers and staff, get noticed and reflect our brand
- Continually strive to do more with less, be more creative, deliver higher quality and aspire to better the best
- Work closely with other departments to gain insights and ensure proposed strategy and plans are operationally achievable and in line with business objectives
- Lead our understanding of our customers, identifying different groups and needs. Lead customer focus groups and generate insights and learning applicable to our service and offering. Always be the customer champion
- Oversee our social strategy, community and customer complaints across all digital channels
- Drive our menu innovation identifying new trends and limited time offer opportunities
- Oversee all promotion planning and delivery across POS, web, social strategy and content
- Create all PR material and copywriting
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure shop fit-outs meet brand standards
The Chesterford Group is a fast growing, dynamic family business, identified as one of London Stock Exchange Group's 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in both 2017 and 2018.
It is the parent company of 3 multi-award-winning fish and chip brands fishnchickn, Churchills Fish and Chips and Bankers, and owns and operates the largest chain of fish and chip shops in the country, a mixture of takeaways and restaurants across the south of England from Peterborough to Brighton and Colchester to Basingstoke.
With links to fish and chips as far back as 1923, it's safe to say that they're fish and chip super geeks through and through. They are passionate about serving fantastic fish and chips which connect people, and enrich the everyday, surpassing customers' expectations.
Firm supporters of Help for Heroes they were this year awarded a Help for Heroes' Hero Award 2018 for their money raising efforts and overall charity support.
Job type and Benefits:
- Part-time 3 days a week, suited to experienced marketer stepping out of London or returning to work after children
- Proposed working hours Tuesday to Thursday 9:00-5:00, but this is open to some flexibility for the right candidate
- Competitive package including private health, pension, and bonus scheme
The key skills and qualifications of a Head of Brand and Marketing:
- At least 8 years industry experience
- Previous management experience
- Experience in defining marketing strategies