Senior Manager - Digital Channels
As the UK's largest Retail, Digital and Commercial bank within the Financial Services sector, has a huge responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper as a Senior Manager - Digital Channels based in the London office.
As Senior Manager - Digital Channels you represent an opportunity for a highly motivated colleague and experienced leader to work at the heart of their new digital service. Specifically, this newly created role will provide risk management support to the Digital Channel.
The key responsibilities of a Senior Manager - Digital Channels:
* Work with integrity in collaboration with the Digital Channel exec team to define, manage their risk profile, escalating where necessary though the relevant governance structure.
* Have a strong working understanding of the specialist aspects of enterprise change risk, digital delivery, information & cyber security and data privacy, being able to interpret information from different perspectives and to effectively communicate complex concepts.
Have a history of delivering complicated projects, working collaboratively, methodically and to a high quality.
* Be confident in using data and insight to make, influence and challenge technical decisions.
* Uses their strong knowledge of the operating model and risk landscape of a digital business, to deliver an automated control environment.
* Have a growth mind-set with a keen interest in personal and team development.
The successful candidate will have proven they:
* Can operate in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment making use of available data to make good decisions and be prepared to provide subjective views backed by appropriate data.
* Have significant experience in risk management preferably in the digital sector. They will have a strong understanding of both the internal and external threat landscape, and of how the Group delivers data, architecture and innovation change.
* Are a transformational thinker with an appetite for risk management and who is values led, with a track record of strong delivery.
* Derive value from risk management to make good risk decisions, to drive continuous improvement and to derive insight from complex data, presenting that information in simple ways.
* Have a good understanding of the regulatory change agenda.
* Are a capable communicator who is confident and effective in dealing with stakeholders up to GEC level.
* Can support the management of diverse teams and maintain high levels of engagement under pressure.
* Are well networked across the organisation, and know how to use their relationships to add value and solve problems quickly.
* Demonstrate integrity and emotional intelligence, with strong people management skills: motivating, observing, coaching and mentoring of colleagues, enabling their team to deliver excellence.
You receive a fantastic salary - this is dependent on level and experience + excellent benefits