Dynamic and creative design business working with globally-recognised brands is looking for a talented senior designer.
This agency look to create cutting-edge experiences, from long-term strategies to pop-up and installations to flagship stores.
They have in-house graphic, interior and strategy teams and work collaboratively across all projects, from uncovering insight through to design and delivery. They have a portfolio of globally recognised clients who they have built long term relationships with.
Leading and collaborating on creative projects from concept through to delivery, ensuring that maximum creativity is achieved within the commercial and tangible parameters of the projects at hand.
Your principal role will be to deliver graphic design projects, providing unique and strategically founded design responses that meet time and budget parameters and exceed client expectation.
As a small, close-knit studio you will work across a number of briefs, pitches and projects concurrently and be adept at working across all aspects of a project lifecycle, as well as supporting team members, such as briefing and helping to creatively direct freelance staff and guiding and inspiring other team members.
You will demonstrate the ability to drill down from a client brief to create strong, conceptual work with a clear idea.
Many of the briefs concern the built environment, and your portfolio will demonstrate your experience in creating large format or environmental graphics in sectors such as retail, leisure & hospitality.
You enjoy communicating your ideas, whether in visual form or in presentations and discussions with clients and contractors alike.
You are entirely confident working end-to-end on a brief, and demonstrate clear understanding of artworking and production processes that informs your design work.
- Leading a project; meeting client briefs logically and creatively and with business acumen
- Design strategy, analysis, and preliminary research
- To structure, prepare and present Keynote documents
- To produce highly creative and precedent-setting design, ensuring the agency's standards of exceptional quality output is met on every project
- To liaise with suppliers and production houses, creating artwork or graphics packs - including material specifications - as required
- Respond to a client's brief with sensible, clear and well-developed responses
- Strong understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them from timings to budgets to vision
- Help manage relevant project documentation, timelines and other team members, including freelance
- Assist with work programming and reporting on project progress, with the ability to give regular progress reports to Directors
- Effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Keeping a strong and up-to-date knowledge of industry news and and cultural trends
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ideally an advanced degree in art or design, or a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a similar design role, with experience leading projects and seeing them through from concept stage to delivery
- Experience creating graphics for the built environment is essential for this level of role and must be evident in your portfolio
- Superior conceptual and technical design skills
- Confident briefing and helping to manage other team members, including freelance staff
- Ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking
- Deep understanding of creative principles and practices
- Integrity and honesty